Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Followers and Dogs and Wolves, Oh My!

I'm still getting the hang of blogging (gosh, I sound like a dinosaur here, I swear I'm 23 though) and I hope you enjoyed my most recent post. I am enjoying blogging, and Blogger has some features that I am thoroughly enjoying.


For example, Audience. According to this feature, The Daily Dramaturg has been viewed 100 times since its inception, in the USA, UK, Israel, Australia, India, Ireland, Greece, Canada, Belgium, South Africa, Puerto Rico (part of the USA, but that's another blog), and oddly, someone in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Most of my non-American viewers I know via real life, Facebook, or Bookcrossing, so thanks for increasing the traffic and making me feel popular. I don't know if the viewing from Saint Vincent was a fluke or a mistake, but if you're reading this from the nation of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, as they say in your country...hello! 

Then, Followers. I know I've only been live for a week, but to have five followers, even if they are my friends from Bookcrossing, isn't lame, so if you're reading, a big dramaturgical hello to Alexa, Nancy, Lilithcat, starbytes, and Mozette! Don't go away, I swear I'll do something fun and interesting! 

And now, to the plugging section of the blog: 

My lovely friend and confidante Anne Hamilton of Hamilton Dramaturgy (contact her for a script consultation and tell her you love the Daily Dramaturg!) is also a go-to gal for hot new play happenings. We're all artists and out to lend a hand, so if you live in the NYC area, be sure to check out this new play Dog and Wolf by Catherine Filloux, because any friend of Anne's is a friend of mine, as cliche as that sounds. I'll flog myself after I blog myself, but here are the details: 

When Jasmina, a political refugee seeking asylum in the U.S., suddenly disappears, her lawyer must track her down. Who is the dog? Who is the wolf? A psychological and political play of intrigue, identity and pursuit. The full schedule can be found below. The readings run one hour, are followed by discussion, and everything is free. These presentations are part of an innovative effort by the playwright, to bring a theater experience to areas where theatergoing isn't necessarily part of the everyday culture, and to focus on the neighborhood's feelings and concerns surrounding issues raised in the play. Childcare and refreshments will be provided at some venues. The play is directed by Jean Randich and performed by a company of actors including: Snezana Bogdanovic, Nadia Bowers, Aysan Celik, Lynn Cohen, John Daggett, Daniela Dakic, Elizabeth Hess and Antoinette LaVecchia. Production manager: Sarah E. Peterson and stage manager: Jes Levine. Dog and Wolf was produced earlier this year in a sold-out run at 59E59 Theaters in NYC. The first community reading was at Still Waters in a Storm in Brooklyn this summer. Please feel free to request a copy of the script or call/email with any questions. 

November 5, 2010, 6:30-8:30 PM 
St. Rita’s Refugee Center, 2342 Andrews Ave # 1, Bronx, NY 10468 

November 9, 2010, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM 
Culturehub, in association with Center for Justice and Reconciliation, Sarajevo
47 Great Jones St. 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10012
http://www.culturehub.org/home 

November 12, 2010, 1:00-3:00 PM 
Independence Care System New York, in association with the NYC-Southern NY Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society & Alliance for Inclusion in the Arts 25 Elm Place, 5th Floor (between Livingston Street and Fulton Mall) Brooklyn, NY 11201
http://www.icsny.org/building-a-community/events/dog-and-wolf/

November 14, 2010, 2:00-4:00 PM
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights-Inwood with People’s Theatre Project
54 Nagle Avenue, New York, NY 10040
http://www.peoplestheatreproject.org/Peoples_Theatre_Project/Dog_and_Wolf_Series.html

November 16, 2010, 7:00-9:00 PM
Hour Children @ Immaculate Conception School
179-14 Dalny Road, Jamaica, NY 11432
http://www.hourchildren.org/index.php

November 18, 2010, 2:00-4:00 PM
Isabella Geriatric Center with People’s Theatre Project
525 Audubon Avenue, New York, NY 10040
http://www.peoplestheatreproject.org/Peoples_Theatre_Project/Dog_and_Wolf_Series.html

December 1, 2010, 6:00-8:00 PM
Anne Frank Center, 38 Crosby Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10013
http://www.annefrank.com/ 

It looks interesting and has a pretty cool cast, so if you're in NYC, check it out, and if you feel compelled to jot down some notes, send them along to the Daily Dramaturg! Anything (dramaturgical) goes here, and reviews of new plays are certainly dramaturgical and generally make people feel good about what they've spent so much time working on. 

And stay tuned for some more goodness, as my thoughts on Gillian are far from over and I'm already exploring my next play! 

The Daily Dramaturg

No comments:

Post a Comment