Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So what's up with the Daily Dramaturg?

  • What are you working on?
As a dramaturg, I recently finished writing some features and facilitating a thoroughly interesting talkback session for The Great American Trailer Park Musical at Spotlighters. Doubt is currently running there until early June, and the talkback's this Sunday at 2 PM, led by yours truly.

  • What else are you working on?
In other news, I'm producing a new play, Self, Inc., this summer at the Theatrical Mining Company at the College of Notre Dame. We finally have a great cast assembled and the director is top-notch. Come see it folks.

  • What's up for you next?
Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles...the Daily Dramaturg is going to graduate school to earn an MA in dramaturgy. That's right; higher education has finally summoned me and I've heard the call.

  • What about the blog?
אם אשכחך!  Now that I'll be doing the dramaturg thing full time (and learning and teaching) I'll have more material to work with and more drive to update you with not only adventures in dramaturgy-land but from school, life and career as well! Plus, I've found some totally tubular places on the interwebs to read and learn about theatre, so I'll be sharing them!

“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? 
And if I am only for myself, then what am I?
And if not now, when?”
- The Talmud

No comments:

Post a Comment